- A Solemn Exposition of an Official Replica of the Shroud of Turin, authorized by the Archdiocese of Turin, Italy, will take place at Saint Josaphat Cathedral from March 4 to April 10 and on April 18-19. For more information, contact Saint Josaphat Cathedral at stjosaphat.ab.ca or (780) 422-3181. Admission by donation of a food item to the Food Bank.
The Exposition is sponsored by the Eparchy of Edmonton as part of its 25 Year Pastoral Plan in spiritual renewal.From childlike curiosity through the path of discovery to the journey of faith!
- Given the recent turn of events in Ukraine, a nation facing deep and serious challenges, the traditional collection for “Aid to the Missionary Church in Canada” during Great Lent is suspended.In its place, a collection towards “Aid to the Church in Ukraine” is to be taken up throughout the Eparchy of Edmonton during Great Lent, in collaboration with CNEWA Canada (Catholic Near East Welfare Association). Please help the Ukrainian Catholic Church to foster unity, lift up the poor, care for children in need, and renew Christian values.The people of Ukraine urgently need our prayers and generous financial support.Thank you for your generosity!
- 25th Anniversary of the Legalization of the Ukrainian Catholic Church in Ukraine, Commemorative Concert – April 29, 7:30 pm, Saint Josaphat Cathedral.Kappella Kyrie Slavic Chamber Choir and The King’s University College Chamber Choir, under the direction of Dr. Melanie Turgeon, invite you to their International Choir Tour Kick-Off Concert on Tuesday, April 29 at 7:30 p.m. at St. Josaphat Ukrainian Catholic Cathedral (10825-97 Street).
This concert will commemorate the 25th Anniversary of the Legalization of the Ukrainian Catholic Church in Ukraine. Program will include works by several Ukrainian composers and a few North American composers.
No tickets for purchase. Entrance by freewill offering.
- The 2014 Canadian National Week for Life and the Family will be held May 12-18 on the theme “Families united in the joy of the Lord.” The dates for this year’s celebration of life and the family coincide in part with those for the 2014 Semaine québécoise des familles, and also with the United Nations World Day of Families, May 15.
- Pope Francis issued his Message for the 51st World Day of Prayer for Vocations, to take place on May 11, on the theme of “Vocations: Witness to the Truth”.
- Presbyteral Council meetings – May 22 (2:00-5:00 pm, Chancery), September 22, November 17.
- Clergy Conferences – May 23, (10:00am – 4:00pm), September 26, November 18.
- Eparchial Sobor on Vision 2020: The Vibrant Parish, the Place to Encounter the Living Christ – May 23-24, Saint Josaphat Cathedral Hall (Verkhovyna).
- The 48th World Day of Social Communications will be celebrated on June 1, the Sunday before the Feast of Pentecost. Pope Francis’ Message for the occasion, entitled “Communication at the service of an authentic culture of encounter”.
- Clergy Study Days – June 23-27, Pope Francis’ “Joy of the Gospel” led by Rev. Stefano Penna (Newman Theological College); and “A Closer Look at the Shroud of Turin,” Sanctum Retreat, Caroline.
- Clergy Retreat – September 22-25, Rev. John Sianchuk, cssr, Retreat Master, Providence Renewal Centre, Edmonton.
In light of recent events in Ukraine, His Beatitude Sviatoslav invites the Ukrainian Catholic Church to rededicate itself under the Patronage of the Protection of the Mother of God. Here are His Beatitude’s Pastoral Letter in this regard and the Rite of Rededication.
His Excellency Bishop David and the entire Chancery staff and volunteers extend to the clergy, religious, monastic, and faithful of the Eparchy of Edmonton a blessed and holy celebration of the Feast of the Resurrection of Our Lord.
Христос Воскрес! Воістину Воскрес!
Christ is Risen! Indeed He is Risen!
© 2014 Eparchy of Edmonton
9645 – 108 Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta T5H 1A3
Tel: (780) 424-5496 Fax: (780) 425-2330