His Beatitude our Patriarch Sviatoslav has invited the faithful of the Ukrainian Catholic Church to make a pilgrimage to Kyiv in 2013 to celebrate the 1,025th anniversary of the baptism of Kyivian-Rus, Ukraine! The major celebration will be a special Divine Liturgy on Sunday, August 18 at the Holy Resurrection Sobor in Kyiv. Join Metropolitan Lawrence Huculak (Winnipeg), Bishop David Motiuk (Edmonton), Bishop Ken Nowakowski (New Westminster) and Bishop Bryan Bayda (Saskatoon) on an official pilgrimage to Ukraine from August 7-21. The Pilgrimage will begin in western Ukraine visiting Lviv, Zarvanytsia, and Ternopil before heading out to Kyiv for the major celebrations. In the next few weeks more details will be announced as the program is finalized. Solaway Travel has been commissioned to assist our Church in arranging for our travel plans and accommodations on this pilgrimage. To express your interest in being part of this very exciting pilgrimage with our Bishops please contact: Myrna Arychuk, Solaway Travel, 3819 Sunset Street, Burnaby, BC V5G 1T4, email@example.com, Tel: 604 430 6789 Fax: 604-430-2244, www.solawaytravel.com.
The rich man is not one who has much but one who gives much. For, what he gives away remains his forever.
St. John Chrysostom
- CBC Interview with Marc Turgeon, the director at St. Michael’s Cemetery
- The Shroud of Turin: Discover the facts about the most studied artifact in Christendom (Oct 28, 2018 & Feb 24, 2019)
- Commemoration of the Fathers of the Seventh Ecumenical Council, Tone 4; our Venerable Mother Parasceva of Ternovo (11th c.); The Holy Martyrs Nazarius, Gervasius, Protasius and Celsus (64-68); Passing into eternal life of Blessed Roman Lysko, Pastor of Youth and Martyr of L’viv;
- Sunday Oct 7, 2018; Twentieth Sunday after Pentecost, Tone 3; the Holy Martyrs Sergius and Bacchus (293-305)
- EPARCHIAL NEWSLETTER Oct 2018