On September 14th–the feast of the Universal Exaltation of the Precious and Life-Giving Cross–25 people made a pilgrimage to the Skete of the Precious and Life-creating Cross at Sunset Lake, AB. Hiermonk Taras Kraychuk and Father Mark Sych led the group in the celebration of the Divine Liturgy. At the conclusion of the service all were anointed with blessed oil, which was blessed at the vigil service the evening before, and received a piece of antidoron–blessed bread. After the Divine Liturgy all in attendance enjoyed an agape meal together.
The rich man is not one who has much but one who gives much. For, what he gives away remains his forever.
St. John Chrysostom
- Dec 16; Sunday of the Holy Forefathers, Tone 5; the Holy Prophet Haggai (6th c. BC)
- Dec 09; Twenty-ninth Sunday after Pentecost, Tone 4; Conception of Saint Anna when she conceived the Most Holy Mother of God
- Dec 06; Our Holy Father Nicholas the Wonderworker, Archbishop of Myra in Lycia
- EPARCHIAL NEWSLETTER Dec 2018
- Bishops’ Roundtable: Alberta/NWT Catholic Bishops sat down for an interview and conversation with Lorraine Turchansky