On September 14th–the feast of the Universal Exaltation of the Precious and Life-Giving Cross–25 people made a pilgrimage to the Skete of the Precious and Life-creating Cross at Sunset Lake, AB. Hiermonk Taras Kraychuk and Father Mark Sych led the group in the celebration of the Divine Liturgy. At the conclusion of the service all were anointed with blessed oil, which was blessed at the vigil service the evening before, and received a piece of antidoron–blessed bread. After the Divine Liturgy all in attendance enjoyed an agape meal together.
The rich man is not one who has much but one who gives much. For, what he gives away remains his forever.
St. John Chrysostom
- Church Singing Conference Gathers Over 100 Participants in Parma, Ohio
- October 21; Twenty-Second Sunday after Pentecost, Tone 5; our Venerable Father Hilarion the Great (371)
- October 18; Holy Apostle and Evangelist Luke
- CBC Interview with Marc Turgeon, the director at St. Michael’s Cemetery
- The Shroud of Turin: Discover the facts about the most studied artifact in Christendom (Oct 28, 2018 & Feb 24, 2019)