A Marriage Preparation Weekend is being hosted at St. Josaphat Cathedral in Edmonton, February 21st to 23rd, 2014. Couples planning to marry within a Ukrainian Catholic Church are encouraged to register for the course by contacting the Cathedral Office at (780) 422-3181 or by emailing Deacon Jim Nakonechny at email@example.com for more details.
The rich man is not one who has much but one who gives much. For, what he gives away remains his forever.
St. John Chrysostom
- July 21; Commemoration of the First Six Ecumenical Councils, Octoechos Tone 5; Our Venerable Father Simeon, the Fool for Christ (c. 580), and His Ascetical Companion John (527-65); Prophet Ezekiel
- Rosehill Cemetery offers first ‘green burials’ in Edmonton
- July 14; Fifth Sunday after Pentecost, Octoechos Tone 4; The Holy Apostle Aquila
- July 10; Our Venerable Father Anthony of the Monastery of the Caves in Kiev
- July 07; Fourth Sunday after Pentecost, Sunday of All Saints of Rus’-Ukraine, Tone 3; Our Venerable Father Thomas of Maleum; and Acacius mentioned in The Ladder of Divine Ascent of Saint John Climacus