Edmonton Eparchy’s Library Introduction
We are proud to announce the launch of Edmonton Eparchy’s Library online catalogue on Librarika. This online catalogue gives you the convenience to search through a collection of more than 5,000 book titles and periodicals that can be found and picked up at the Pastoral Centre on 9645 – 108 Avenue NW, Monday to Friday 8:30am –12:00pm and 1:00pm to 4:30pm. The library collection is centered around Eastern Catholicism and has several books on Orthodoxy as well. University students, seminarians, parents, grandparents, and priests can find books on Philosophy, Bible study, Service books, Prayer books, Christian living, Pastoral care, Canon, Theology, Evangelism, Apologetics, and History. All these books and periodicals are available to information seekers and readers that want to deepen or refresh their knowledge. Moreover, most of the resources are in English however, you can also find in Ukrainian on similar topics.
It is our desire that the Ukrainian Catholic Eparchial Library becomes an important teaching tool, as well as the source for the growth of individual members’ Eastern Catholic faith.
During the first check out, we will need your name (first and last), email, and phone number to sign up new members, keep track of borrowed books, and send out reminders for overdue books. A maximum of 5 books can be borrowed at once. The loan period is 2 weeks however if you would like to hold on to your borrowed books longer, you can renew your loan period up to 3 times. Also, if a borrowed book is requested by other library members, then another renewal will not be possible for that loan period.
If you have any further questions about this initiative, contact email@example.com
How to Become a Member
1. First create a member’s account by visiting the Librarika website here. You will need to provide a name, email, and password. Then push “I agree please create my account”.
2. You will receive a confirmation email within a few minutes to confirm your account. Ensure to check your junk and spam folders if it is not in your inbox. Click the link in the email to officially confirm and create your account.
How to Access and Checkout Books on the Eparchial Website
1. Visit the Eparchial Library website here where you can find member logins and search functions. You do not need to be a member to search for books, however, you do need to be a member to sign out books.
2. Login using the email and password you provided when creating an account. After login in, it will take you to another page.
3. The page you are on will contain a green button called ‘request member access’. Click this button.
4. A pop-up will appear for a membership request. Click the green submit button.
5. Congratulation! You have successfully joined the library. You can now access the library catalog at https://eparchiallibrary.librarika.com.
6. You can search for a book on the main page of the library.
7. Come to the Eparchial Library to pick up the books you are interested in.
8. When at the Eparchial Library you may use the computer to log in to your account and sign out books. You can sign out a book by searching for the book, clicking on the book page, and selecting the checkout button near the middle of the page.