Answer from: Father Mike

That’s a great question, and there are a couple of ways of going about it. Firstly, you could approach your own bishop and let him know that you feel called to change your Church ascription to the Ukrainian Catholic Church. If there is a Ukrainian Catholic Church in the same territory (area) as the Diocese of which you are a member now, your bishop and the bishop of the Ukrainian Catholic Church can agree to change your membership in writing.

The second option would be to contact the Apostolic See (Rome) directly and ask them if you could officially switch.

The third option involves marriage. At the time of the wedding, once the service is concluded the wife may declare her intention to change her membership to the Church of her husband. This must be done in front of the priest and two witnesses and once she does, she becomes a member of the Ukrainian Catholic Church. She is free to return to the Latin Church if her husband were to die.

I hope this answers your question! God bless!