The Parish of the Ascension of Our Lord Jesus Christ, Fedorah (40 km northeast of Edmonton), celebrated its 80th Anniversary on May 5, 2016. With mass immigration of Ukrainians to Canada in the late 1800s – early 1900s, hundreds of Ukrainian families settled in the Bon Accord area. Church life quickly followed. The Ascension Church property was acquired in 1905 with 10 founding members, and quickly grew to a thriving community. Originally served by the Basilian Fathers, from 1950 the parish was served by eparchial clergy. One of the parish’s sons – Rev. Danylo Bodnar was ordained a priest in 1988. Today the few remaining parish families are served by Rev. Slavko Dumec.
The rich man is not one who has much but one who gives much. For, what he gives away remains his forever.
St. John Chrysostom
- Jesus Prayer – Sung – English – VIDEO & MP3
- Sunday, February 24; Meatfare Sunday, Tone 7; The First and Second Finding of the Precious Head of the Holy, Glorious Prophet and Forerunner John the Baptist; Rank: All-Night Vigil
- Pope Francis Appoints Most Rev. Borys Gudziak as new Metropolitan-Archbishop of the Ukrainian Archeparchy of Philadelphia (ENG/UKR)
- Banquet for Fr. Anton Taresenko on the Occasion on His Retirement
- February 17; Sunday of the Prodigal Son, Tone 6; The Holy and Great-Martyr Theodore the Recruit (286-305)