The Parish of the Ascension of Our Lord Jesus Christ, Fedorah (40 km northeast of Edmonton), celebrated its 80th Anniversary on May 5, 2016. With mass immigration of Ukrainians to Canada in the late 1800s – early 1900s, hundreds of Ukrainian families settled in the Bon Accord area. Church life quickly followed. The Ascension Church property was acquired in 1905 with 10 founding members, and quickly grew to a thriving community. Originally served by the Basilian Fathers, from 1950 the parish was served by eparchial clergy. One of the parish’s sons – Rev. Danylo Bodnar was ordained a priest in 1988. Today the few remaining parish families are served by Rev. Slavko Dumec.
The rich man is not one who has much but one who gives much. For, what he gives away remains his forever.
St. John Chrysostom
- Dec 16; Sunday of the Holy Forefathers, Tone 5; the Holy Prophet Haggai (6th c. BC)
- Dec 09; Twenty-ninth Sunday after Pentecost, Tone 4; Conception of Saint Anna when she conceived the Most Holy Mother of God
- Dec 06; Our Holy Father Nicholas the Wonderworker, Archbishop of Myra in Lycia
- EPARCHIAL NEWSLETTER Dec 2018
- Bishops’ Roundtable: Alberta/NWT Catholic Bishops sat down for an interview and conversation with Lorraine Turchansky