WHEN TWENTY-FIRST CENTURY AMERICANS think of the Vikings, they may picture seafarers from Scandinavia sailing to Iceland and Greenland or raiding the coasts of England and Ireland. We rarely think of their inland cousins, whose rule extended into what is Russia today in the ninth to fourteenth centuries. Two of the saints commemorated this week […]
The rich man is not one who has much but one who gives much. For, what he gives away remains his forever.
St. John Chrysostom
- June 30; Third Sunday after Pentecost, Octoechos Tone 2; The Synaxis of the Holy, Glorious and All-Praiseworthy Twelve Apostles
- June 29, 2019 Holy, Glorious, All-Praiseworthy and Chief Apostles, Peter and Paul
- June 27; Bishop-Martyr Nykolai (Nicholas) Charnetsky and the Twenty-Seven Other New Blesseds of the Church of Rus’-Ukraine Beatified in 2001; Our Venerable Father Samson, Host of Strangers (527-65)
- June 23; Second Sunday after Pentecost, Octoechos Tone 1; The Holy Martyr Agrippina
- June 16; First Sunday after Pentecost. All Saints Sunday