This glorious saint, celebrated even today throughout the entire world, was the only son of his eminent and wealthy parents, Theophanes and Nona, citizens of the city of Patara in Lycia. Since he was the only son bestowed on them by God, the parents returned the gift to God by dedicating their son to Him….
The rich man is not one who has much but one who gives much. For, what he gives away remains his forever.
St. John Chrysostom
- Dec 09; Twenty-ninth Sunday after Pentecost, Tone 4; Conception of Saint Anna when she conceived the Most Holy Mother of God
- Dec 06; Our Holy Father Nicholas the Wonderworker, Archbishop of Myra in Lycia
- EPARCHIAL NEWSLETTER Dec 2018
- Bishops’ Roundtable: Alberta/NWT Catholic Bishops sat down for an interview and conversation with Lorraine Turchansky
- Altar Boys NEW YEAR’S PARTY With Bishop David