After her Dormition [Falling-asleep], the Holy Theotokos gave her girdle [sash] to the Apostle Thomas. That girdle was later brought to Constantinople and kept in a sealed reliquary in the church of the Mother of God at Blachernae, the royal foundation [Zaduzbina] of Empress Pulcheria. This reliquary was never opened until the time of Emperor…
The rich man is not one who has much but one who gives much. For, what he gives away remains his forever.
St. John Chrysostom
- CBC Interview with Marc Turgeon, the director at St. Michael’s Cemetery
- The Shroud of Turin: Discover the facts about the most studied artifact in Christendom (Oct 28, 2018 & Feb 24, 2019)
- Commemoration of the Fathers of the Seventh Ecumenical Council, Tone 4; our Venerable Mother Parasceva of Ternovo (11th c.); The Holy Martyrs Nazarius, Gervasius, Protasius and Celsus (64-68); Passing into eternal life of Blessed Roman Lysko, Pastor of Youth and Martyr of L’viv;
- Sunday Oct 7, 2018; Twentieth Sunday after Pentecost, Tone 3; the Holy Martyrs Sergius and Bacchus (293-305)
- EPARCHIAL NEWSLETTER Oct 2018