When Pope Stephen was slain (August 2), then St. Sixtus, who was an Athenian by birth, was appointed in his place. At first, Sixtus was a philosopher and, after that, a Christian. At that time, the Bishops of Rome were slain one after the other, so that, to become Bishop of Rome meant to be…
The rich man is not one who has much but one who gives much. For, what he gives away remains his forever.
St. John Chrysostom
- Sunday, May 26 Sixth Sunday after Pascha. Sunday of the Man Born Blind, Octoechos Tone 5; The Holy Apostle Carpus, One of the Seventy Disciples
- May 15; Mid-Pentecost; Our Venerable Father Pachomius the Great (346)
- May 19; Fifth Sunday after Pascha. Sunday of the Samaritan Woman
- ‘We’ve waited 15 years for this’: New Ukrainian church for Sherwood Park parish topped off with golden dome
- May 12; Fourth Sunday after Pascha. Sunday of the Paralytic.