Constantine’s parents were Emperor Constantius Chlorus and the Empress Helena. Chlorus had other children by another wife, but from Helena he had only Constantine. After his coronation Constantine fought three great battles: one, against Maxentius, a Roman tyrant; the second, against the Scythians on the Danube and the third, against the Byzantines. Before the battle…
The rich man is not one who has much but one who gives much. For, what he gives away remains his forever.
St. John Chrysostom
- June 16; First Sunday after Pentecost. All Saints Sunday
- +Sr Aloysia Safranowicz, SSMI Falls Asleep in The Lord
- Sunday, June 9; Descent of the Holy Spirit. Holy and Glorious Pentecost
- EPARCHIAL NEWSLETTER June 2019
- Sunday, June 2; Seventh Sunday after Pascha. Sunday of the Holy Fathers of the First Ecumenical Council of Nicaea, Octoechos Tone 6; Our Holy Father Nicephorus the Confessor (829)