DERWENT – St. GEORGE Parish – Парафія св. Юрія
Location: Section 32, T. 54, Plan 7 (10 acres of land on higher elevation; south east and 8 km. from the center of Derwent. The wooden church was built in 1914 by Andriy Sakovskyi. Seating capacity: 100 people. There is a bell tower. First services were held in the house of Hryhoriy Melnyk. The first priest that served the community was Fr. Naucratius Kryzanowsky, OSBM. The Parish has an attached cemetery. In 1940 the idea was developed to join with the building efforts of the Parish of the Ascension to have a church built in the town of Derwent. The first visit of Bishop Basil Ladyka was held on July 13, 1934; the second one on May 29, 1941.