IMAGE TO LIKENESS PROJECT
Request for Proposal
Required: Photographer and Videographer for Children’s
The Ukrainian Catholic Eparchy of Edmonton (Eparchy) is looking to hire a photographer(s) and a videographer(s) to support a new religious education program titled Image to Likeness. This program will be used by the Ukrainian Bilingual Program in Edmonton and Sherwood Park Catholic Schools and will be available to parishes and families of the Ukrainian Catholic Church (Byzantine Rite Eastern Catholic Church) around the globe. The project will provide religious educational content for children grades Kindergarten to 12, beginning with program development for the primary grades. The project is scheduled to deliver a pilot in September 2022 for Kindergarten and Grade 1, followed by subsequent grades to be completed by December 2024.
The program will be delivered in an online multimedia format, with an option for print copy where appropriate. Layout and design of the program lessons (print copy, illustrations, photographs and video links) will be done in InDesign, which will then be ported to Flipsnack (a presentation software application that provides for online viewing). Age-appropriate illustrations will be used throughout and will include stock photos, pictures, custom drawings and videos specifically produced for the program.
The Eparchy is looking to hire a freelance photographer(s) and videographer(s) (could be the same person) to photograph and/or video specific themes required by the program developers. This may include, but are not limited to:
Photographs: liturgical church services and various scenes with children and families in the school, church and home setting.
Videos: liturgical church services and various scenes which include children and families as well as interviews and dialogues.
In addition, all deliverables will be provided under the following scope:
- All photographs must be provided in digital format
- All videos require editing to suit the topic and grade level
- Videos would include an introduction on the particular topic
- The photographer/videographer will work with the writing team and graphic designer to confirm subject matter and any required details specific to the topic
- Must have ability to capture the beauty and vibrancy this new religion program focusing on faith (Eastern Catholic Church in the Byzantine tradition), culture
(Ukrainian), inclusiveness and community
- Must have ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Approximately 100 photographs are required for the elementary grades, all to be delivered in digital format. Existing photographs may be purchased where they are suitable.
- Videos will be filmed over several sessions and will require various angles, lighting and sound. Some videos will include voice overs that provide commentary on the topic. Editing will be required.
- Work will begin in May 2022, with a target completion of mid July 2022 for
- Kindergarten and Grade 1. Additional photography and/or videos for other grades will be subsequently scheduled.
- It is expected that photographs and videos will be reused in whole or in part throughout the entire program.
- The Eparchy will retain ownership of all photographs and videos.
Photographs and videos form an important part of this religion program. Pictures and videos bring to life the written materials and engage students in a relatable manner by reflecting real life situational scenes.
The successful photographer and videographer (contractors) would have experience photographing/filming in various environments with different lighting requirements to produce professional quality photos and videos. The project team will be open to suggestions from the contractor(s) to assist with deliverables suitable for this education program.
All scheduling will be coordinated with the project team and the contractor within the timeframe of Mid-May to Mid-July for the first phase of the project.
The contractor(s) could be paid either by the hour or by piece, based on an agreed upon rate. Video editing will also be required.
More than one photographer/videographer may be hired for this work.
D. SUBMISSION / RESPONSE
All interested photographer(s) and videographer(s) are welcome to submit the following information:
- Resume and contact information
- Related samples of work / portfolio
- Rate or fee schedule (per hour or per unit)
Closing date for submissions: Monday May 9, 2022
Contact: Andrea Leader
Ukrainian Catholic Eparchy of Edmonton
9645 108 Avenue
Edmonton, Alberta T5H 1A3
If you have any questions, please contact us.
Thank you for your interest.