Updated: March 1, 2022
Alberta enters Step 2 on Tuesday, March 1.
The following changes come into effect today:
- Any remaining school requirements removed (for example: Kindergarten to grade 6 cohorting).
- Youth screening activities for entertainment and sport activities removed.
- Capacity on all large venues and entertainment venues lifted.
- Restrictions lifted on interactive activities, table limits, liquor sales and closing times for bars, restaurants and other food serving businesses.
- Indoor and outdoor social gathering limits lifted, including for all wedding and funeral events.
- Mandatory work-from-home requirements lifted.
- Provincial mask mandate lifted except:
- on municipal and intra-provincial public transit for Albertans 13 and older
- at AHS-operated and contracted facilities, and all continuing care settings
Please note that while the provincial mask mandate has been lifted (except in high-risk settings as listed above), local jurisdictions may still require masks in certain other settings. Check your local area or region for information on mask mandates and other restrictions.
In moving from Stage 1 to Stage 2, there is no new guidance specific to places of worship. By way of reminder, the following are important to note:
- Capacity limits on places of worship are now removed, including for weddings and funerals.
- Individuals should continue to monitor health symptoms and stay home if sick.
- Check local area or region for information on mask mandates.
- Hand-sanitize regularly.
- Continued use of single-use Communion spoons.
- Clean and sanitize churches after each use.
- In-person meetings and fellowship are now allowed.
Also, congregation and choral singing are now permitted, while following local mask mandates and other restrictions, if applicable.
As we move from “pandemic” to “endemic” in our approach to COVID-19, let us continue to do our part in reducing the spread of COVID-19 and in caring one for another, especially our elderly and vulnerable.