During the reign of Emperor Alexius Commenus and Patriarch NicholasGrammaticus, the body of this saint was translated from Myra in Lycia to the town of Bari in Italy in 1007 A.D. This occurred because of the assault of the Muslims on Lycia. The saint appeared in a dream to an honorable priest in Bari and…
The rich man is not one who has much but one who gives much. For, what he gives away remains his forever.
St. John Chrysostom
- Sunday, May 26 Sixth Sunday after Pascha. Sunday of the Man Born Blind, Octoechos Tone 5; The Holy Apostle Carpus, One of the Seventy Disciples
- May 15; Mid-Pentecost; Our Venerable Father Pachomius the Great (346)
- May 19; Fifth Sunday after Pascha. Sunday of the Samaritan Woman
- ‘We’ve waited 15 years for this’: New Ukrainian church for Sherwood Park parish topped off with golden dome
- May 12; Fourth Sunday after Pascha. Sunday of the Paralytic.