They all suffered for Christ and were crowned with the wreaths of glory during the reign of Emperor Decius. By order of the emperor, the governor of Africa announced to the people that everyone must offer sacrifices to the idols. To those who resisted, the governor threatened with cruel tortures. Upon hearing about these threats…
The rich man is not one who has much but one who gives much. For, what he gives away remains his forever.
St. John Chrysostom
- Dec 16; Sunday of the Holy Forefathers, Tone 5; the Holy Prophet Haggai (6th c. BC)
- Dec 09; Twenty-ninth Sunday after Pentecost, Tone 4; Conception of Saint Anna when she conceived the Most Holy Mother of God
- Dec 06; Our Holy Father Nicholas the Wonderworker, Archbishop of Myra in Lycia
- EPARCHIAL NEWSLETTER Dec 2018
- Bishops’ Roundtable: Alberta/NWT Catholic Bishops sat down for an interview and conversation with Lorraine Turchansky