When Diocletian began his persecution of the Christians, Theopempos, Bishop of Nicomedia, was among the first to suffer martyrdom for Christ. Theopempos was brought before the emperor who threatened him with punishment of death if he did not deny Christ. To that threat, the courageous bishop responded to the emperor: “It stands written, `Do not…
The rich man is not one who has much but one who gives much. For, what he gives away remains his forever.
St. John Chrysostom
- Dec 09; Twenty-ninth Sunday after Pentecost, Tone 4; Conception of Saint Anna when she conceived the Most Holy Mother of God
- Dec 06; Our Holy Father Nicholas the Wonderworker, Archbishop of Myra in Lycia
- EPARCHIAL NEWSLETTER Dec 2018
- Bishops’ Roundtable: Alberta/NWT Catholic Bishops sat down for an interview and conversation with Lorraine Turchansky
- Altar Boys NEW YEAR’S PARTY With Bishop David