When Diocletian began his persecution of the Christians, Theopempos, Bishop of Nicomedia, was among the first to suffer martyrdom for Christ. Theopempos was brought before the emperor who threatened him with punishment of death if he did not deny Christ. To that threat, the courageous bishop responded to the emperor: “It stands written, `Do not…
The rich man is not one who has much but one who gives much. For, what he gives away remains his forever.
St. John Chrysostom
- June 16; First Sunday after Pentecost. All Saints Sunday
- +Sr Aloysia Safranowicz, SSMI Falls Asleep in The Lord
- Sunday, June 9; Descent of the Holy Spirit. Holy and Glorious Pentecost
- EPARCHIAL NEWSLETTER June 2019
- Sunday, June 2; Seventh Sunday after Pascha. Sunday of the Holy Fathers of the First Ecumenical Council of Nicaea, Octoechos Tone 6; Our Holy Father Nicephorus the Confessor (829)