ROYCE – Sts. PETER and PAUL Parish – Парафія свв. Петра і Павла
Royce Parish is located 20 km. west of Hines Creek, Alberta. In the 1931-1935 years Fr. Paul Olinsky, a Basilian missionary, organized the faithful and started building a church. Y. Syrnyk, N. Syrnyk, N. Buyar and all the faithful were involved in the construction of the church (40’ x 20’). On June 6 th, 1941 Bishop Basil Ladyka personally came to consecrate the church. Later in 1950 they also built a church hall (Narodnyi dim). Attached to the church is also a cemetery. The church is no longer in use.
Basilian Fathers who served the community: Fr. Paul Olinsky (1931-1935), Fr. Theodozy Dobko (1936- ) and Fr. Benedict Hrynyshyn (-1950). From 1951 the Eparchial clergy provided the spiritual assistance: Fr. John Malaschuk (1951-), Fr. Peter Moysiuk (1956), Fr. Omelian Nakonechny (1957-1962), Fr. Bohdan Karychek (1963-1969), Fr. Demetrius Baziuk (1970-1971), Fr. Philip Shinduke (1972-1976), Fr. Richard Zuback (1984-1985).