BELLIS – NATIVITY of St. JOHN the BAPTIST Parish – Парафія Різдва св. Івана Хрестителя
Bellis Parish had originally 12 members. Fr. Philip Ruh, OMI, paid the first visit to the community in 1914 and that time the 21 members collected $14.45 to purchase land for a cemetery. Hopwever, since V. Danchuk donated 2 acres of land for the cemetery the money was given to the Basilian Fathers for future needs. On 6 th of March, 1934 Fr. George Zydan incorporated the 2 acres of land. The church was built in 1938 and the inside and outside painting was done the same year. At this time there are no church services.
The first Basilian Father, after Fr. Philip Ruh an Oblate, were: Fr. Naucratius Kryzanowsky, Fr. Basil Kamenetsky, Fr. Josaphat Tymochko, Fr. George Zydan, Fr. Methodius Hannas, Fr. Matthew Sianchuk, Fr. Damascene Popovych, Fr. Dionisius Dzygolyk, Fr. Bessarion Andreychuk, Fr. Ireneus Procenty, Fr. Athanasius Chimy, Fr. Lawrence Dzygolyk and Fr. Isidore Kohut. The Eparchial clergy who served the community were: Fr. Yaroslaw Fedunyk (1949-1953), Fr. Volodymyr Slaby and Fr. Peter Lytwyn.