MEDICINE HAT – ASSUMPTION of the Blessed Virgin Mary Parish – Парафія Успіння Матері Божої
As in many other parishes the Ukrainian Catholic community purchased an old school in 1952 and transformed it into a church building adding a dome in 1958 (525B Maple Ave. SE). There was a hall underneath the church for meetings and social gatherings. The ladies of the parish were organized into a branch of the UCWL. Later the church property was sold
The Eparchial priests who served the community were: Fr. Steven Chehovsky (1949), Fr. Dmytro Hnat (1950), Fr. Lubomyr Syvenky (1952-1953), Fr. William Oruski (1954-1957), Fr. Nicholas Diadio (1956), Fr. Michael Sopulak (1957-1959), Fr. George Maly (1962-1968), Fr. Paul Lysak (1983-1987).