HAIRY HILL – ASSUMPTION of the Blessed Virgin Mary Parish – Парафія Успіння Матері Божої
The community acquired the land for the church in 1953 and the church (40’ x 30’) was built in 1954. The parishioners were using the cemetery of the Ukrainian Catholic Parish in Two Hills. From their beginnings the Parish enjoyed the active work of the Ukrainian Catholic Women’s League. Before and during World War II the Basilian Fathers provided the spiritual services to the community. Later the following Eparchial clergy looked after their needs: Fr. Volodymyr Tarnawsky (1952-1954), Fr. Bohdan Hanushewsky (1956-1957), Fr. George Maly (1958- ), Fr. Peter Lytwyn (1964-1967). Then the Parish ceased to be active.