The Parish of the Ascension of Our Lord Jesus Christ, Fedorah (40 km northeast of Edmonton), celebrated its 80th Anniversary on May 5, 2016. With mass immigration of Ukrainians to Canada in the late 1800s – early 1900s, hundreds of Ukrainian families settled in the Bon Accord area. Church life quickly followed. The Ascension Church property was acquired in 1905 with 10 founding members, and quickly grew to a thriving community. Originally served by the Basilian Fathers, from 1950 the parish was served by eparchial clergy. One of the parish’s sons – Rev. Danylo Bodnar was ordained a priest in 1988. Today the few remaining parish families are served by Rev. Slavko Dumec.
The rich man is not one who has much but one who gives much. For, what he gives away remains his forever.
St. John Chrysostom
- July 20, 2018 – The Holy and Glorious Prophet Elias
- July 22, 2018 – Commemoration of the First Six Ecumenical Councils, Tone 8; the Holy Myrrh-bearer and Equal-to-the-Apostles Mary Magdalene; Return of the Relics of the Priest-Martyr Phocas
- July 15, 2018 – Eighth Sunday after Pentecost, Tone 7; the Holy Grand Prince Vladimir (Volodymyr), Equal-to-the-Apostles, Named Basil at Holy Baptism (1015); Holy Martyrs Cyricus and Julitta, His Mother
- The Pope thanks the Ukrainian Greek-Catholic Church (UGCC) for its witness to the unity of Christ’s Church Pope Francis meets with His Beatitude Sviatoslav at the Vatican (ENG/UKR)
- Summer Position – Caretaker Camp Oselia