GREAT VESPERS Kathisma Reading “Blessed is the man…” is sung. At Psalm 140 In Tone 8 Lead my soul forth from prison* that I may give thanks to Your name. O Christ, during this spiritual service, we sing to You these evening prayers, commemorating the mercy You have shown us by Your resurrection. The just…
The rich man is not one who has much but one who gives much. For, what he gives away remains his forever.
St. John Chrysostom
- July 21; Commemoration of the First Six Ecumenical Councils, Octoechos Tone 5; Our Venerable Father Simeon, the Fool for Christ (c. 580), and His Ascetical Companion John (527-65); Prophet Ezekiel
- Rosehill Cemetery offers first ‘green burials’ in Edmonton
- July 14; Fifth Sunday after Pentecost, Octoechos Tone 4; The Holy Apostle Aquila
- July 10; Our Venerable Father Anthony of the Monastery of the Caves in Kiev
- July 07; Fourth Sunday after Pentecost, Sunday of All Saints of Rus’-Ukraine, Tone 3; Our Venerable Father Thomas of Maleum; and Acacius mentioned in The Ladder of Divine Ascent of Saint John Climacus