GREAT VESPERS Kathisma “Blessed is the man…” is sung. At Psalm 140 In Tone 4 Out of the depths I cry to You, O Lord;* O Lord, hear my voice! When John was born, the silence of Zechariah was broken. For when the Voice appeared, it was not proper that his father remain silent….
The rich man is not one who has much but one who gives much. For, what he gives away remains his forever.
St. John Chrysostom
- November 16; The Holy Apostle and Evangelist Matthew
- November 18; Twenty-sixth Sunday after Pentecost, Tone 1; the Holy Martyrs Plato (286-305) and Roman (305)
- November 14; The Holy and All-Praiseworthy Apostle Philip
- November 13; Our Holy Father John Chrysostom (the Golden-Mouthed), Archbishop of Constantinople (407)
- Nativity Fast (St. Philip’s Fast) – Nov 15-Dec 24: Activity Ideas