On December 5th, the eve of St. Nicholas, Grande Prairie Parish received the gift of a new church building. We are now better able to accommodate our Ukrainian Catholic presence in Grande Prairie and the Peace Country. The building was purchased from the McLaurin Baptist Church and will be renovated before the community makes use of it. Please keep the community in your prayers as it works through the renovations and makes the exciting move. Mnohia Lita!
The rich man is not one who has much but one who gives much. For, what he gives away remains his forever.
St. John Chrysostom
- July 24, 2018 – Holy Martyrs Borys and Hlib Named Roman and David at Baptism
- July 20, 2018 – The Holy and Glorious Prophet Elias
- July 22, 2018 – Commemoration of the First Six Ecumenical Councils, Tone 8; the Holy Myrrh-bearer and Equal-to-the-Apostles Mary Magdalene; Return of the Relics of the Priest-Martyr Phocas
- July 15, 2018 – Eighth Sunday after Pentecost, Tone 7; the Holy Grand Prince Vladimir (Volodymyr), Equal-to-the-Apostles, Named Basil at Holy Baptism (1015); Holy Martyrs Cyricus and Julitta, His Mother
- The Pope thanks the Ukrainian Greek-Catholic Church (UGCC) for its witness to the unity of Christ’s Church Pope Francis meets with His Beatitude Sviatoslav at the Vatican (ENG/UKR)