On the second day of the Nativity, the Christian Church gives glory and thanksgiving to the Most-holy Theotokos, who gave birth to our Lord, God and Savior Jesus Christ. This feast is called “the Synaxis” because on this day all of the faithful gather to glorify her, the Most-holy Theotokos, and to solemnly and universally…
The rich man is not one who has much but one who gives much. For, what he gives away remains his forever.
St. John Chrysostom
- Social Mission Workshop/Retreat has been postponed (from Jan 25-26) to March 15, 16 at Camp Oselia
- Sunday, January 20; Thirtieth Sunday after Pentecost, Tone 2; our Venerable and God-bearing Father Euthemius the Great (473)
- Engendering Interfaith in Edmonton, Canada
- January 17; Venerable and God-Bearing Father Anthony the Great
- New Podcast: True Light By Metropolitan Andrey Sheptytsky Institute of Eastern Christian Studies