Chariton was a distinguished and devout citizen of the city of Iconium. Imbued with the spirit of his compatriot, St. Thecla, Chariton openly confessed the name of Christ. When a bitter persecution of Christians began during the reign of Emperor Aurelian, Chariton was immediately brought to trial before the eparch. The judge ordered him to…
The rich man is not one who has much but one who gives much. For, what he gives away remains his forever.
St. John Chrysostom
- ONE DAY RETREAT: Sat, Feb 2, 2019 “I Thirst” “Love Without Counting the Cost”
- Social Mission Workshop/Retreat has been postponed (from Jan 25-26) to March 15, 16 at Camp Oselia
- Sunday, January 20; Thirtieth Sunday after Pentecost, Tone 2; our Venerable and God-bearing Father Euthemius the Great (473)
- Engendering Interfaith in Edmonton, Canada
- January 17; Venerable and God-Bearing Father Anthony the Great