O godly-minded Anna,* you bore in your womb the pure Mother of God, who gave birth to Life.* Rejoicing, therefore, in glory* you have passed today to a heavenly inheritance,* where those who exult have their dwelling.* There you intercede for the forgiveness of sins* of those who love you, O ever-blessed one. (Troparion, Tone…
The rich man is not one who has much but one who gives much. For, what he gives away remains his forever.
St. John Chrysostom
- Sunday, January 20; Thirtieth Sunday after Pentecost, Tone 2; our Venerable and God-bearing Father Euthemius the Great (473)
- Engendering Interfaith in Edmonton, Canada
- January 17; Venerable and God-Bearing Father Anthony the Great
- New Podcast: True Light By Metropolitan Andrey Sheptytsky Institute of Eastern Christian Studies
- Sunday January 13; Sunday after Theophany, Tone 1; the Holy Martyrs Hermylus and Stratonicus (313-24)