During the reign of Emperor Leo the Great (458-471 A.D.), Empress Verina and Patriarch Gennadius, two noblemen from Constantinople, Galibus and Candidus, traveled throughout the Holy Land to venerate and to worship before the holy shrines. In Nazareth, they stopped for a while at the home of a Jewish maiden who kept the girdle of…
The rich man is not one who has much but one who gives much. For, what he gives away remains his forever.
St. John Chrysostom
- Nov 21; The Entrance into the Temple of our Most Holy Lady, the Mother of God and Ever-Virgin Mary
- November 16; The Holy Apostle and Evangelist Matthew
- November 18; Twenty-sixth Sunday after Pentecost, Tone 1; the Holy Martyrs Plato (286-305) and Roman (305)
- November 14; The Holy and All-Praiseworthy Apostle Philip
- November 13; Our Holy Father John Chrysostom (the Golden-Mouthed), Archbishop of Constantinople (407)