VESPERS Paschal Troparion with Versicles The celebrant sings the following versicles, and to each one the people respond by singing: “Christ is risen …” v. Let God arise and let his enemies be scattered, * and let those who hate Him flee from before His face. v. As smoke vanishes, so let them vanish as…
The rich man is not one who has much but one who gives much. For, what he gives away remains his forever.
St. John Chrysostom
- Sunday, January 20; Thirtieth Sunday after Pentecost, Tone 2; our Venerable and God-bearing Father Euthemius the Great (473)
- Engendering Interfaith in Edmonton, Canada
- January 17; Venerable and God-Bearing Father Anthony the Great
- New Podcast: True Light By Metropolitan Andrey Sheptytsky Institute of Eastern Christian Studies
- Sunday January 13; Sunday after Theophany, Tone 1; the Holy Martyrs Hermylus and Stratonicus (313-24)