This is the authentic feast of Christ the King. On Palm Sunday, Jerusalem received Jesus Christ as the Messianic King. Even in the temple itself, the children cried out the royal acclamation “Hosanna,” which had not been heard since the end of the Macchabean monarchy over a century before. The “authorities” were terrified; if the…
The rich man is not one who has much but one who gives much. For, what he gives away remains his forever.
St. John Chrysostom
- November 16; The Holy Apostle and Evangelist Matthew
- November 18; Twenty-sixth Sunday after Pentecost, Tone 1; the Holy Martyrs Plato (286-305) and Roman (305)
- November 14; The Holy and All-Praiseworthy Apostle Philip
- November 13; Our Holy Father John Chrysostom (the Golden-Mouthed), Archbishop of Constantinople (407)
- Nativity Fast (St. Philip’s Fast) – Nov 15-Dec 24: Activity Ideas