They all suffered for Christ and were crowned with the wreaths of glory during the reign of Emperor Decius. By order of the emperor, the governor of Africa announced to the people that everyone must offer sacrifices to the idols. To those who resisted, the governor threatened with cruel tortures. Upon hearing about these threats…
The rich man is not one who has much but one who gives much. For, what he gives away remains his forever.
St. John Chrysostom
- Sept 23, 2018; Eighteenth Sunday after Pentecost, Tone 1; the Conception of the Honourable and Glorious Prophet, Forerunner and Baptist John
- Sept 14, 2018; The Universal Exaltation of the Precious and Life-Giving Cross
- Living as a Beloved Daughter of God, A Faith Sharing Group for Catholic Women
- Sept 16, 2018; Sunday after the Exaltation of the Cross, Tone 8; Holy Great-Martyr Euphemia, the All-Famed (303)
- Young Adult Pilgrim’s Retreat (Age 18 – 35) Dec. 27 – Jan. 3