They all suffered for Christ and were crowned with the wreaths of glory during the reign of Emperor Decius. By order of the emperor, the governor of Africa announced to the people that everyone must offer sacrifices to the idols. To those who resisted, the governor threatened with cruel tortures. Upon hearing about these threats…
The rich man is not one who has much but one who gives much. For, what he gives away remains his forever.
St. John Chrysostom
- July 21; Commemoration of the First Six Ecumenical Councils, Octoechos Tone 5; Our Venerable Father Simeon, the Fool for Christ (c. 580), and His Ascetical Companion John (527-65); Prophet Ezekiel
- Rosehill Cemetery offers first ‘green burials’ in Edmonton
- July 14; Fifth Sunday after Pentecost, Octoechos Tone 4; The Holy Apostle Aquila
- July 10; Our Venerable Father Anthony of the Monastery of the Caves in Kiev
- July 07; Fourth Sunday after Pentecost, Sunday of All Saints of Rus’-Ukraine, Tone 3; Our Venerable Father Thomas of Maleum; and Acacius mentioned in The Ladder of Divine Ascent of Saint John Climacus