In conjunction with the upcoming Year of Faith, and Pope Benedict’s call for a “new evangelization,” Eastern Christian Publications in Fairfax, Virginia has just announced a new popular monthly magazine called Theosis: Spiritual Reflections from the Christian East. The small-format, full-color magazine will be published in both a print and eZine version, and contain several short essays on Prayer, Eucharist, Sacraments, Scripture, Holy Icons, Sacramental Living, Spirituality, and a Feast of the Month. Contributors will be authors and theologians from a wide variety of Orthodox and Catholic Churches including Metropolitan Kallistos (Ware) and Archimandrite Robert Taft, SJ. Sample pages, subscription forms, and online subscriptions are available at www.ecpubs.com/theosis.html. Or call 703-691-8862.
The rich man is not one who has much but one who gives much. For, what he gives away remains his forever.
St. John Chrysostom
- November 16; The Holy Apostle and Evangelist Matthew
- November 18; Twenty-sixth Sunday after Pentecost, Tone 1; the Holy Martyrs Plato (286-305) and Roman (305)
- November 14; The Holy and All-Praiseworthy Apostle Philip
- November 13; Our Holy Father John Chrysostom (the Golden-Mouthed), Archbishop of Constantinople (407)
- Nativity Fast (St. Philip’s Fast) – Nov 15-Dec 24: Activity Ideas