Kenya / The new arrivals section of Ifo camp, Dadaab. UNHCR has more tents but no more land to give to new arrivals, so many families are forced to seek shelter with other Somalis already established or build makeshift housing on the edge of the camp. Continuing violence in Somalia has led to more and more Somalis seeking refuge across the border in Kenya, but UNHCR is struggling to cope with the thousands of new arrivals at the camps who need shelter, food, and medical attention. / UNHCR / E. Hockstein / December 2008
The rich man is not one who has much but one who gives much. For, what he gives away remains his forever.
St. John Chrysostom
- June 16; First Sunday after Pentecost. All Saints Sunday
- +Sr Aloysia Safranowicz, SSMI Falls Asleep in The Lord
- Sunday, June 9; Descent of the Holy Spirit. Holy and Glorious Pentecost
- EPARCHIAL NEWSLETTER June 2019
- Sunday, June 2; Seventh Sunday after Pascha. Sunday of the Holy Fathers of the First Ecumenical Council of Nicaea, Octoechos Tone 6; Our Holy Father Nicephorus the Confessor (829)