Kenya / The new arrivals section of Ifo camp, Dadaab. UNHCR has more tents but no more land to give to new arrivals, so many families are forced to seek shelter with other Somalis already established or build makeshift housing on the edge of the camp. Continuing violence in Somalia has led to more and more Somalis seeking refuge across the border in Kenya, but UNHCR is struggling to cope with the thousands of new arrivals at the camps who need shelter, food, and medical attention. / UNHCR / E. Hockstein / December 2008
The rich man is not one who has much but one who gives much. For, what he gives away remains his forever.
St. John Chrysostom
- October 21; Twenty-Second Sunday after Pentecost, Tone 5; our Venerable Father Hilarion the Great (371)
- October 18; Holy Apostle and Evangelist Luke
- CBC Interview with Marc Turgeon, the director at St. Michael’s Cemetery
- The Shroud of Turin: Discover the facts about the most studied artifact in Christendom (Oct 28, 2018 & Feb 24, 2019)
- Commemoration of the Fathers of the Seventh Ecumenical Council, Tone 4; our Venerable Mother Parasceva of Ternovo (11th c.); The Holy Martyrs Nazarius, Gervasius, Protasius and Celsus (64-68); Passing into eternal life of Blessed Roman Lysko, Pastor of Youth and Martyr of L’viv;