Somalis fleeing hunger in their drought-stricken nation walk along the main road leading from the Somalian border to the refugee camps around Dadaab, Kenya, Wednesday, July 13, 2011. More than 11 million people in the Horn of Africa are confronting the worst drought in decades and need urgent assistance to stay alive, U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon said Tuesday. Ban called an emergency meeting Tuesday morning with the heads of U.N. agencies to discuss the worsening drought in East Africa, which along with fighting in Somalia has created a humanitarian crisis.(AP Photo/Rebecca Blackwell)
The rich man is not one who has much but one who gives much. For, what he gives away remains his forever.
St. John Chrysostom
- June 30; Third Sunday after Pentecost, Octoechos Tone 2; The Synaxis of the Holy, Glorious and All-Praiseworthy Twelve Apostles
- June 29, 2019 Holy, Glorious, All-Praiseworthy and Chief Apostles, Peter and Paul
- June 27; Bishop-Martyr Nykolai (Nicholas) Charnetsky and the Twenty-Seven Other New Blesseds of the Church of Rus’-Ukraine Beatified in 2001; Our Venerable Father Samson, Host of Strangers (527-65)
- June 23; Second Sunday after Pentecost, Octoechos Tone 1; The Holy Martyr Agrippina
- June 16; First Sunday after Pentecost. All Saints Sunday