REDWATER – Sts. BORYS and HLIB Parish – Парафія свв. Бориса і Гліба
At the annual meeting of the parishioners of Cookville and Redwater on January 1952 the decision was made to build a new church in Redwater. The Imperial Oil Company sold the three lots to the Parish for $3.00 (the real value of the land at that time was $1,500.00.) They dedicated the new parish to Sts. Borys and Hlib – two Ukrainian martyrs of the middle ages. By the end of 1952 the basement has been constructed and Most Rev. Bishop Neil Savaryn visited the place on December 2 and expressed his admiration and support. The blessing of the corner stone was done on August 16, 1953. The carpenter in charge was E. Moryna. By 1960 the brick structure of the church was completely finished with electrical and gas heating. The design of the church was made by architect George Chornenko. The two founding parishes provided all the vestments, chalices, flags. The tabernacle was designed by Pawliuk and sponsored by A. Pukhaliuk family. In 1980’s Walter Malowany, president of the Parish council in Redwater, donated $41,000.00 for the wooden iconostasis with all the painting done by maestro Makarenko. The same painter from the United States did the wall painting in the church. By 1984-1985 a new parish residence was acquired. From the early days a UCWL was established and the membership was around 50 families.
The Parish priests were: Fr. Peter Iwanec (1950-1952), Fr. Bohdan Lozynsky (1952-1957), Fr. Demetrius Baziuk (1957-1964), Fr. Oles Zachariasewych (1964-1968), Fr. Peter Petryshyn (1969-1976), Fr. Basil Woloshyn (1976-1983), Fr. Paul Barabash (1983-1985), Fr. Anton Tarasenko (1986-1995), Fr. Serhij Harahuc (1996-1998), Fr. William Hupalo (1999-2000), Fr. Janko Herbut (2001-2008), Fr. Stanislav Bjeli (2008- ).