OYEN – ASSUMPTION of the Blessed Virgin Mary Parish – Парафія Успіння Матері Божої
The wooden church was purchased in 1950 (60’ x 31’). The faithful were using the town’s cemetery for their needs. The services were held once a month with approximately 20 people present. They also had a sisterhood in the parish.
The Eparchial clergy served the community from Lethbridge or Calgary: Fr. Lubomyr Syvenky (1957- ) and Fr. Paul Lysak (1983-1987).
The parish ceased to exist in 1987. In 2005 the church and the land were sold. Fr. Mark Bayrock held the last service on June 12, 2005 in the presence of 12 people, who arrived from different places for this closing ceremony.