EDMONTON – St. Josaphat’s Home (1905)
Religious Education Center where Sisters organize and prepare programs for children, youth, and adults of the Eparchy. Teach catechism at the parish, preparing children and their parents for the Sacraments of Confession and Holy Eucharist. Instruct laity to teach catechism. Give spiritual direction to the members of the UCWLC. Visit the sick at hospitals and in their homes, and help the needy. Take care of the church. Provide domestic service at the Bishop’s residence. Travel to parishes where there is no resident priest, teaching catechism to children, youth, and adults, familiarizing them with the Eastern Rite and culture. Cantoring, lead in Services, like Divine Liturgy, Molebens, Vespers and funerals, etc. Conduct Associates of the SSMI’s, meeting monthly with the members for prayer and instructions.
St. Ambrose Home (1968)
The apostolate in this home centers on Parish work, and pastoral visits. A Sister conducts a daily pre-school Ukrainian language program, as well as the Children of Mary. During the summer, Sisters teach catechism at the various outlying parishes, and children’s camps. They also care for the church building.
CALGARY – St. Bernadette’s Home (1952)
Sisters serve in both parishes, adapting their mission to meet the needs of their people: teaching Ukrainian language and religion, conducting the young adult choir, teaching, and leading liturgical singing, visiting the sick in hospitals and homes, bring Holy Communion to those unable to attend the Divine Liturgy. During summer, teach at the various rural parishes. Care for the church. Give spiritual guidance to the UCWLC members, and instruct the adults in scriptural reading and prayers.
MUNDARE – St. Joseph‘s Home (1926)
This home is for elderly and ailing Sisters. This home is a “house of prayer”; and those who are able to spend time on the telephone giving good counsel and supporting the needy.
Mary Immaculate Hospital (1928-2005)
Sisters ministered to the health care needs of the predominantly Ukrainian community, visiting the sick and elderly Sisters and people of the vicinity until 2005 when they gave it over to the Catholic Health Corporation of Alberta.
VEGREVILLE – Our Lady of Perpetual Help (1943-2003)
The Sisters were involved in parish work, teaching catechism, preparing children for First Holy Communion, visiting the sick and elderly in their homes, and sowing liturgical vestments.
WILLINGDON – Mary Immaculate Hospital (1935-1998)
Sisters managed the hospital, often having a great influence on the religious life of their patients. They visited the sick at other hospitals. Helped the needy and neglected. Took care of the elderly and ailing Sisters. The hospital was closed in 1998 as part of the provincial government cut backs.