by Laura Ieraci The Catholic Telegraph, March 6, 2015 “Joy” is not a word people usually associate with strict fasting and penance — unless they are Eastern-rite Catholics. In the Eastern church, the penitential period that prepares believers to celebrate Easter, is called “Great Lent,” and its prayers invite the faithful to recognize their “need…
The rich man is not one who has much but one who gives much. For, what he gives away remains his forever.
St. John Chrysostom
- Dec 16; Sunday of the Holy Forefathers, Tone 5; the Holy Prophet Haggai (6th c. BC)
- Dec 09; Twenty-ninth Sunday after Pentecost, Tone 4; Conception of Saint Anna when she conceived the Most Holy Mother of God
- Dec 06; Our Holy Father Nicholas the Wonderworker, Archbishop of Myra in Lycia
- EPARCHIAL NEWSLETTER Dec 2018
- Bishops’ Roundtable: Alberta/NWT Catholic Bishops sat down for an interview and conversation with Lorraine Turchansky