- Bishop David will confer upon Michael Bombak, seminarian, the laying on of hands by way of Ordination to the Diaconate on Saturday, August 9, 10:00 am Divine Liturgy, Saint Josaphat Cathedral.
Presbyteral Council meetings – September 22 (2:00-5:00 pm, Providence Renewal Centre), November 17.
- Clergy Conferences – September 26 (9:00 am Divine Liturgy – 4:00 pm; Providence Renewal Centre, Edmonton), November 18.
- Clergy Retreat – September 22-25, Rev. John Sianchuk, cssr, Retreat Master, Providence Renewal Centre, Edmonton.
- The 188th World Mission Day (Pope Francis’ Message) will be celebrated on October 19.
- World Tourism Day 2014 will be celebrated on September 27. The Pontifical Council for the Pastoral Care of Migrants and Itinerant People issued a Message to mark the occasion on the theme of “Tourism and Community Development”.
- A press conference was held in the Holy See Press Office to present the Instrumentum Laboris of the 3rd Extraordinary General Assembly of the Synod of Bishops (5-19 October 2014) which will focus on “pastoral challenges to the family in the context of evangelisation”.
Cardinal Baldisseri explained that the Instrumentum Laboris consists of three parts, conforming to the themes of the Documento Preparatorio. The first, dedicated to the Gospel of the family, relates to God’s plan, biblical and magisterial knowledge and their reception, natural law and the vocation of the person in Christ.The second part relates to the pastoral challenges inherent in the family, such as the crisis of faith, critical internal situations, external pressures and other problems. The responsibilities of the pastor include preparation for marriage, increasingly necessary nowadays to enable engaged couples make their decision in terms of their personal adhesion to faith to the Lord, to build their families on solid foundations.
The third part first presents themes linked to openness to life, such as knowledge and difficulties in receiving the Magisterium, pastoral suggestions, sacramental praxis and the promotion of a mentality open to life.
Bishop David, effective September 1, 2014:
- Accepted the resignation of Rt. Rev. William Hupalo as Pastor of Saint Olha Parish, Vermilion, Descent of the Holy Spirit Parish, Lloydminster, and Saint John the Evangelist Parish, Fidelity, and blessed his retirement from pastoral administration with much gratitude for his many years of dedicated service to the Church, in particular, within the Eparchy of Edmonton. At the same time, Bishop David appointed Hieromonk Teodosy Kraychuk as Parish Administrator of the same parishes.
- Accepted the resignation of Rev. Gregory Faryna as Protopresbyter of the Mundare Deanery, dedicating himself more fully to parish pastoral duties.
- Appointed Rev. Josaphat Tyrkalo, osbm, as Protopresbyter of the Mundare Deanery; and appointed Rev. Slavko Dumec as Representative of the same deanery.
© 2014 Eparchy of Edmonton
9645 – 108 Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta T5H 1A3
Tel: (780) 424-5496 Fax: (780) 425-2330