- A Solemn Exposition of an Official Replica of the Shroud of Turin, authorized by the Archdiocese of Turin, Italy, will take place at Saints Peter and Paul Parish, Mundare, during the month of July.For times and more information, contact Saints Peter and Paul Parish at (780) 764-3860.
Admission by donation of a food item to the local Food Bank.
The Exposition is sponsored by the Eparchy of Edmonton as part of its 25 Year Pastoral Plan in spiritual renewal.
From childlike curiosity through the path of discovery to the journey of faith!
Presbyteral Council meetings – September 22 (2:00-5:00 pm, Providence Renewal Centre), November 17.
- Clergy Conferences – September 26 (9:00 am Divine Liturgy – 4:00 pm; Providence Renewal Centre, Edmonton), November 18.
- Bishop David will confer upon Michael Bombak, seminarian, the laying on of hands by way of Ordination to the Diaconate on Saturday, August 9, 10:00 am Divine Liturgy, Saint Josaphat Cathedral.
- Clergy Retreat – September 22-25, Rev. John Sianchuk, cssr, Retreat Master, Providence Renewal Centre, Edmonton.
- The 188th World Mission Day (Pope Francis’ Message) will be celebrated on October 19.
- Pope Francis confirmed the election of Abbot Hryhoriy Komar as Auxiliary Bishop of Sambir – Drohobych, Ukraine. The bishop-elect was born in Letnya, Ukraine in 1976 and was ordained a priest in 2001. He is currently vicar general of the same eparchy. He holds a licentiate in Eastern theology, and has served as a teacher and collaborator in several parishes.
- A press conference was held in the Holy See Press Office to present the Instrumentum Laboris of the 3rd Extraordinary General Assembly of the Synod of Bishops (5-19 October 2014) which will focus on “pastoral challenges to the family in the context of evangelisation”.Cardinal Baldisseri explained that the Instrumentum Laboris consists of three parts, conforming to the themes of the Documento Preparatorio. The first, dedicated to the Gospel of the family, relates to God’s plan, biblical and magisterial knowledge and their reception, natural law and the vocation of the person in Christ.
The second part relates to the pastoral challenges inherent in the family, such as the crisis of faith, critical internal situations, external pressures and other problems. The responsibilities of the pastor include preparation for marriage, increasingly necessary nowadays to enable engaged couples make their decision in terms of their personal adhesion to faith to the Lord, to build their families on solid foundations.
The third part first presents themes linked to openness to life, such as knowledge and difficulties in receiving the Magisterium, pastoral suggestions, sacramental praxis and the promotion of a mentality open to life.
© 2014 Eparchy of Edmonton
9645 – 108 Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta T5H 1A3
Tel: (780) 424-5496 Fax: (780) 425-2330