Contest for Grades Kindergarten to 12: iWitness: iRespect (iwitness.edmontoneparchy.com). This contest encourages children and youth to witness how they respect their own bodies and the bodies of others by way of drawings, pictures, written works (including poetry, short stories, narratives, etc.), videos or combinations of these. Visit the website for ideas and examples. The closing date for submissions is June 20th. Winners will receive a personal prize monetary prize for their class ($100). For more information about the iWitness program, please contact Tobias Underwood at the Chancery Office at 780-424-5496 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The rich man is not one who has much but one who gives much. For, what he gives away remains his forever.
St. John Chrysostom
- October 21; Twenty-Second Sunday after Pentecost, Tone 5; our Venerable Father Hilarion the Great (371)
- October 18; Holy Apostle and Evangelist Luke
- CBC Interview with Marc Turgeon, the director at St. Michael’s Cemetery
- The Shroud of Turin: Discover the facts about the most studied artifact in Christendom (Oct 28, 2018 & Feb 24, 2019)
- Commemoration of the Fathers of the Seventh Ecumenical Council, Tone 4; our Venerable Mother Parasceva of Ternovo (11th c.); The Holy Martyrs Nazarius, Gervasius, Protasius and Celsus (64-68); Passing into eternal life of Blessed Roman Lysko, Pastor of Youth and Martyr of L’viv;