- A National Week for Life and the Family, a new initiative of the Canadian Conference of Catholic Bishops (CCCB), will be celebrated from May 12-19. The theme for this year’s week is The Family: Facing life’s challenges together with Christ,” focusing on building a culture of life and a civilization of love.
To assist parishes in marking the week through prayer and celebration, the CCCB together with the Catholic Organization for Life and Family (COLF) have prepared various suggestions and resources which are listed below, for downloading and printing free of charge, or for adapting as needed.
- 2013 Presbyteral Council meetings – May 27 – (2:00-5:00 pm, Chancery), September 9, November 4
- 2013 Clergy Conferences – May 28, September 10, November 5.
- 2013 Clergy Retreat – October 28-November 1, Sanctum Retreat Centre, Caroline. Retreat Master: Most Rev. Stefan Soroka, Archeparchy of Philadelphia.
- 2013 Canada-wide Clergy, Clergy Wives and Women and Men Religious “Encounter” (Study Days) – June 24-27, Saskatoon; Celebrating the 100th Anniversary of Bishop-martyr Nykyta Budka as the First Ukrainian Catholic Bishop in Canada.
The Encounter will be followed by the National Conventions of the Ukrainian Catholic Women’s League of Canada and the Ukrainian Catholic Brotherhood of Canada from June 27-30 also in Saskatoon.
- The Eparchy of Edmonton is pleased to host the 2013 Sheptytsky Institute Study Days – An Eastern Christian Feast for the Mind and Heart from July 5-7 at Saint Josaphat Cathedral Hall (Verkhovyna). The Study Days are an opportunity for the laity, religious, monastics and clergy to gather together in prayer, study, fellowship and discussion. The theme for the 2013 Study Days is: Celebrating the 1025th Anniversary of the Baptism of Rus’-Ukraine featuring:
- Rt. Rev. Dr. Andriy Chirovsky – The Spiritual Legacy of the Ukrainian Catholic Church
- Very Rev. Dr. Peter Galadza – The Liturgical Legacy of the Ukrainian Catholic Church
- Rev. Dr. Andrew Onuferko – The Catechetical Legacy of the Ukrainian Catholic Church
- Workshops on a variety of topics
- Children’s Program (ages 5-12)
For further information and registration, visit www.edmontoneparchy.com or call (780) 424-5496.
- The Eparchy of Edmonton is also pleased to host the 2013 Sheptytsky Institute Summer Institute from July 9-20. Two university courses will be offered:
- Rt. Rev. Dr. Andriy Chirovsky – THO 3318 Eastern Christian Spirituality
- Very Rev. Dr. Peter Galadza – THO 3328 The Holy Mysteries: Byzantine Sacraments.
For further information and registration, contact Julie Daoust email@example.com, Saint Paul University, Ottawa, 1-800-637-6859 ext. 2332. or (613) 236-1393 ext. 2332.
Cost per course: credit $602; audit $150.
Classes will be held at the Chancery Office of the Eparchy of Edmonton (9645 – 108 Avenue).
Note: Those enrolling in one or both courses are required to attend the Sheptytsky Institute Study Days July 5-7.
- His Excellency Bishop David and the entire Chancery staff and volunteers extend to the clergy, religious, monastic, and faithful of the Eparchy of Edmonton a blessed and holy celebration of the Feast of the Resurrection of Our Lord.
Христос Воскрес! Воістину Воскрес!
Christ is Risen! Indeed He is Risen!
© 2013 Eparchy of Edmonton
9645 – 108 Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta T5H 1A3
Tel: (780) 424-5496 Fax: (780) 425-2330