Bishop David Motiuk from the Ukrainian Catholic Edmonton Eparchy blessed the school’s grounds as members of EICS and future ABJ students dug their shovels into the ground during the ceremony’s sod-turning near the site of one of the school’s gyms. Father Wilf Murchland and Right Reverend Jack Hamilton from Our Lady of Perpetual Help Parish, and Father Rendall Yackimec from St. Sophia Ukrainian Catholic Parish also participated in the blessing ceremony.
The rich man is not one who has much but one who gives much. For, what he gives away remains his forever.
St. John Chrysostom
- Oct 20; Nineteenth Sunday after Pentecost, Octoechos Tone 2; The Holy Great-Martyr Artemius (360-363)
- Oct 18; Holy Apostle and Evangelist Luke
- Oct 13; Commemoration of the Fathers of the Seventh Ecumenical Council, Octoechos Tone 1; The Holy Martyrs Carpus, Papylas and Agathonicus (249-51)
- Podcast: True Light – 06. Feast of the Protection of the Mother of God
- Oct 6; Seventeenth Sunday after Pentecost, Octoechos Tone 8; The Holy and Glorious Apostle Thomas