Bishop David Motiuk from the Ukrainian Catholic Edmonton Eparchy blessed the school’s grounds as members of EICS and future ABJ students dug their shovels into the ground during the ceremony’s sod-turning near the site of one of the school’s gyms. Father Wilf Murchland and Right Reverend Jack Hamilton from Our Lady of Perpetual Help Parish, and Father Rendall Yackimec from St. Sophia Ukrainian Catholic Parish also participated in the blessing ceremony.
The rich man is not one who has much but one who gives much. For, what he gives away remains his forever.
St. John Chrysostom
- October 28; Twenty-third Sunday after Pentecost, Tone 6; the Holy Martyrs Terentius and Neonila; Our Venerable Father Stephen the Sabaite, Composer of Canons (9th c.); the Holy Martyr Parasceve of Iconium
- Church Singing Conference Gathers Over 100 Participants in Parma, Ohio
- October 21; Twenty-Second Sunday after Pentecost, Tone 5; our Venerable Father Hilarion the Great (371)
- October 18; Holy Apostle and Evangelist Luke
- CBC Interview with Marc Turgeon, the director at St. Michael’s Cemetery