Parish Liturgical Resources Published by The Eparchial Liturgical Commission (ELC)
of the Ukrainian Catholic Eparchy of Edmonton
The Eparchial Liturgical Commission (ELC) is comprised of clergy, religious, monastics, and lay representatives from within the Eparchy as well as external experts to whom the commission can turn as resource people. All members are appointed personally by the Bishop. The current members of the ELC are:
Bishop David Motiuk, Eparch of Edmonton
Fr. Danylo Kuc, Liturgical Director
Fr. Peter Babej, Chair
Fr. Gregory Faryna, Chancellor
Hieromonk John Sembrat, O.S.B.M.
Hieromonk Theodosy Kraychuk
Dr. Melanie Turgeon
The ELC is authorized to publish liturgical booklets, texts, and musical notation for official use, with episcopal approbation, in the Ukrainian Catholic Eparchy of Edmonton (UCEE).
The Commission avails itself of pastoral experience, academic expertise, and external resources to provide eparchial clergy and faithful with sound liturgical practices in keeping with the liturgical patrimony of the Ukrainian Greek-Catholic Church.
The ELC promotes and endeavors to improve the liturgical life of the UCEE in the following ways:
- Studying and researching liturgical issues;
- Advising the Eparchial Bishop on liturgical matters;
- Providing ritual and liturgical texts and books for use in the Eparchy;
- Overseeing the preparation of liturgical educational materials;
- Regulating pastoral liturgical action throughout the Eparchy and promoting studies and necessary experiments for matters of adaptation;
- Maintaining relations with the Patriarchal Liturgical Commission and Synodal Liturgical Committee.
Liturgical Policies and Directives:
Funeral Rites in the Eparchy of Edmonton – (July 1, 2005)
Applying the Liturgical Prescriptions of the Code of Canons of the Eastern Churches– Congregation for the Eastern Churches (January 6, 1996)
Approved Publications for Use:
Texts Under Review:
Upcoming Liturgical Commission Projects:
Texts from the Patriarchal Liturgical Commission: