RICHMOND PARK- TRANSFIGURATION Parish – Парафія Преображення Господнього
Location: SW 19-68-21-W4M – 32 km. from the town of Athabasca. The church (42’ x 26’) was built in 1945 for $4,000.00. The Ukrainian pioneers came originally from three districts in Ukraine: Sokal, Zboriv and Turka. The names of the first Parish council: Mykhaylo and Petro Kachorovsky, Vasyl Pidzharko, Yosef Leshchuk, Hnat Pocaluyko, Pavlo Hnatyshyn, Ivan Sahayda, Danylo Bilida and Vasyl Husak.
The first missionary who visited the colony was Fr. George Zydan, OSBM, followed by other Basilian Fathers: Fr. Methodius Hannas, Fr. Theodozy Dobko, Fr. Juvenalis Slota and Fr. Ireneus Procenty.
Later the Eparchial clergy provided the spiritual care: Fr. John Chinchenko, Fr. Bohdan Lozynsky, Fr. Stephen Chabursky, Fr. Peter Petryshyn (1957-1969), Fr. Bohdan Karychek (1969- ), Fr. John Kratko (1979-1985), Fr. Don Bodnar (1986-1997), Fr. Benny Ambrose (1998-2000), Fr. Stanislav Bjeli (2001- ).