RANFURLY – St. VOLODYMYR Parish – Парафія св. Володимира Великого
The church is located 130 km. east of Edmonton in a small town of Ranfurly and 52 km. from Mundare. The land was donated in 1948 by Oleksa Charnetskyi. The first church was purchased in 1943 from the Roman Catholics for $800.00 and was too small. In 1949 the decision was made to construct a new church (60’ x 30’ x 14’). The construction was completed in 1951 for approximately 20,000.00 and integrated the Ukrainian-Byzantine architecture with three domes. The membership fluctuated: 30 families (1942), 30 families (1972), less than 20 families (1972). The cantors were Ivan Boychuk and Ivan Kharchuk. The parishioners used the town’s cemetery for their needs. After 1992 the parish was no longer in service. The church burned down in 2000.
Several Basilian Fathers served the community in the past: Fr. Andrew Truch, Fr. Martyrius Vincentaylo, Fr. Dionisius Dzygolyk, Fr. Peter Pasichnyk, Fr. Christopher Kondratiuk, Fr. Matthew Sianchuk, Fr. Sebastian Kurylo, Fr. Myron Daciuk, Fr. Bernard Dribnenky, Fr. Eugene Bilyk, Fr. Irenej Nazarko, Fr. Benedict Siutyk and Fr. Vital Pidskalny.
From 1949 the Eparchial clergy served the parish: Fr. Nicholas Diadio (2949), Fr. Bohdan Hanushevsky (1950-1952), Fr. Yaroslaw Fedunyk (1953-1955), Fr. Roman Starodub (1956-1987), Fr. Benny Ambrose (1990-1992).