FRAINS – HOLY EUCHARIST Parish

FRAINS – HOLY EUCHARIST Parish – Парафія Пресвятої Євхаристії

The 2 acres for the church and the cemetery were donated by Semen Yurdyga in 1941. The church (48’ x 28’) is located 26 km. from Prosperity and 64 km. from Athabasca. For the record we found the names of the faithful: Semen Yurdyga, Oleksa Hrycun, Mykola Sadlowsky, Theodor Kachor, Petro Nakonechnyi, Vasyl Osadchuk, Mykola Chopodaylo, Vasyl Burak, Prokip Woytowych, Olena Kuzyk, Petro Pusharskyi, Petro Broda, Mykhaylo Duna, Andriy Panchyshyn, Ivan Fedun, Petro Hewko and Vasyl Kornak.

Fr. Bohdan Karychek, serving the faithful for a long time, described them as very dedicated and supportive in all their activities. The community started to diminish in the 1970s’, when the majority of the faithful moved to Boyle.

The Eparchial clergy serving the Frains faithful were: Fr. Bohdan Lozynsky (1951-1953), Fr. Matthew Pawluk (1954-1957), Fr. Euthymius Melnychuk (1968-1969), Fr. Bohdan Karychek (1971-1978), Fr. John Kratko (1978-1985), Fr. Don Bodnar (1986-1997), Fr. Benny Ambrose (1998-2000), Fr. Stanislav Bjeli (2001-2008) and Fr. Don Bodnar (2008- ).