FEDORAH – ASCENSION Parish – Парафія Вознесіння Господнього
The first Ukrainian settlers started arriving in the early 1900’s. At the beginning there were 10 founding members with 20 children.
The church property was acquired in 1905, 6 km. west from the old train station Fedorah, near Bonaccord, approximately 40 km. from Edmonton. The church (40’ x 22’) was built in 1934-1936 for $1,175.00. There are also 2 acres for the cemetery.
In the early days the Basilian Fathers served the community: Fr. Juvenalis Slota and others.
The Eparchial clergy who served from 1950 were: Fr. Peter Ewanec (1950-1953), Fr. Bohdan Lozynsky (1954-1955), Fr. Dmytro Baziuk (1957-1964), Fr. Oles Zachariasewych (1964-1968), Fr. Peter Petryshyn (1968-1980), Fr. Basil Woloshyn (1980-1983), Fr. Paul Barabash (1983-1985), Fr. Anton Tarasenko (1986-1992), Fr. Don Bodnar (1993-1997), Fr. Benny Ambrose (1998-2000), Fr. Stanislav Bjeli (2000- ).